Samaritas increased fundraising ROI
Increased fundraising ROI from 3.2x to 7.4x.
Lowered fundraising cost to raise a dollar to 42% below the national average.
Samaritas is a non-profit organization that helps Michigan’s disadvantaged families and individuals thrive. It is the state’s largest foster care and adoption organization with a full suite of preservation programs and options to help keep families together. The organization presented our group with the challenge of increasing its individual annual appeal revenue without increasing the communications budget.
We started by analyzing Samaritas’s donor data to identify those most likely to give. Then, we segmented the audience into unique profiles based on their giving history. To create an impact with donors, we took a unique story-telling approach that allowed us to:
- Matched the donor’s reasons for giving with an appeal that felt personal.
- Focus on the impact donors had made on the lives of the recipients.
- Created five letter versions with stories that were relevant to donors based on their data attributes.
- Recognized donors’ generosity and emphasized the ways in which their support made an impact.
Our Authentic Marketing approach generated these transformative and sustainable results:
- Increased the return-on-investment from 3.2X to 7.4X ROI.
- Lowered the cost to raise a dollar to 42% below the national average.